Subscription Services Terms and Conditions
Bayport offers users the option to subscribe to Bayport’s subscription services, which includes, the electronic receipt of –
- monthly and/or bimonthly newsletters;
- articles on different aspects of credit and insurance;
- information on Bayport’s current and/or future products; and
- special promotional and competition offers.
- Access to the subscription services requires the user to provide Bayport with the subscriber’s email address and/or other contact information.
- The subscriber, by subscribing to the subscription services and supplying Bayport with the subscriber’s email address and other contact information, consents to Bayport using the subscriber’s personal information for the purposes of rending the subscription services.
- Bayport reserves the right to refuse to grant a prospective and/or subscriber access to the subscription services without giving reasons.
- The subscription to the subscription services will be activated when the subscriber elects to receive the subscription services and supplies Bayport and/or a third party supplier with the subscriber’s email address and/or other contact information.
- If the subscriber subscribes to the subscriber services through the Bayport directly, the subscriber will receive an email from Bayport with a confirmation link that the subscriber will have to click to confirm subscription to the subscription services.
- If the subscriber subscribes to the subscriber services through a third party supplier, the subscriber may or may not receive an email from Bayport and/or the third party with such confirmation link.
- Bayport reserves the right to suspend the subscription services at any time without prior notice. This applies in particular if a proper distribution cannot be ensured due to technical reasons (e.g. viruses in the computer system, manipulation or hardware and/or software errors) or legal reasons.
Invalid email addresses
- Subscribers are required to notify Bayport of any changes to their email address and/or other contact information.
- If a subscriber’s email address becomes invalid Bayport will be unable to provide the subscription services.
Bayport, including its sales and marketing department, will be aware of subscriber’s email address and other contact information and will use this information from time to time to contact the subscriber. Bayport will not pass such information on to any third party without the subscriber’s consent.
The subscriber may terminate the subscription services at any time. As a result of the termination, Bayport will delete the subscriber’s stored personal data and cease providing the subscriber with the subscription services.
Bayport is not liable for any damage caused by transmission errors, delays or interruptions, failures of the technical equipment and the service, incorrect content, data loss or erasure, viruses or any other potential damage to the subscriber caused by the subscription services, unless such damage is caused deliberately or due to negligence by Bayport.
- Anyone registering themselves for the subscription services shall be deemed to have consented to these terms, as amended by Bayport from time to time.
- Bayport reserves the right to amend these Terms and Conditions at any time without prior notice and the subscribers agree to be bound by the amendments unless the subscriber and/or Bayport terminates the subscription services.
- The provision of the subscription services are subject to South African law.